Wednesday 28 January 2015

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer review & swatches


Year 2014 marked the opening of MAC online shop in Poland which gave me a chance to try some more MAC products without hauling them like crazy. Free shipping on all orders made it possible for me to buy just one item at a time and test it before ordering some more.

One of such products was MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, which, after I learned how to use it, turned out to be my favourite concealer of the year. 

I love it because: 
  • it comes in a tiny little glass vial with a mini pump
  • it's insanely pigmented and opaque
  • I need less than a pump to conceal any redness under my eyes and on my jawline or any blemishes I might have
  • lasts all day without creasing or budging
  • doesn't dry my undereye out if I use the tiniest amount



The downside is that a single pump is too much for me, when I need the tiniest little drop to conceal my undereyes I end up dabbing most parts of my face cause there's so much product left. I've seen girls on Youtube use one pump under each eye and I must say I can't imagine doing that as first of all such amount of product isn't necessary for anyone and secondly this looks like plaster under the eyes, it cakes, creases and is horribly drying.
Another thing is that you can't use very little due to the pump, I can see the level of the product go down after each use, so even though a little goes a long way, I just waste all the excess product.
I've got shade NC20, which is too light for my skintone in winter, that's why I'm about to purchase a lighter shade like NC15 or NW15 perhaps for some brightening effect and I will return to NC20 in the summer. 

But all in all this product is definitely worth the hype and everybody who has something to conceal needs this in their stash.


No comments:

Post a Comment