Thursday 1 January 2015

Kerastase Discipline Bain Fluidealiste (shampoo), Fondant Fluidealiste (conditioner) and Fluidissime (anti-frizz care) review


My hair is extremely difficult to work with. It's ultra thin and there isn't much of it. It's naturally curly, frizz prone and so light that it flies in all directions at the slightest gust of wind. That is why the ideal hair product for me would tame the frizz, weigh the featherweight strands down a bit without making them go flat and look greasy.

In my neverending search of my holy grail hair product I reached for a relatively new product by a brand I've never tried before, but which has a cult status among beauty lovers.  

The beauty of the packaging of Kerastase Discipline Bain Fluidealiste (the shampoo) made me gasp but soon turned into a major disadvantage. The lovely rose gold cap that looks so classy and luxurious is actually extremely inconvenient to use. There's no flip top opening and the unscrewing process is fussy in the shower. What's more the shape of the cap makes it impossible to store it upside down when the product runs low. 
The product is relatively runny and a lot of it escapes through the opening, which results in me using it up miles faster than other shampoos.

What you'll notice just after the packaging is the incredible scent. It's like the most classy floral perfume and it lingers on my hair for hours or even till the morning if I wash my hair at night.
The shampoo feels luxuriously silky while washing and you immediately know that even without any conditioner the hair will be easy to comb through. The conditioner only adds to the sensation of smoothness and manageability. 

This combo really does what it promises. This helps my hair remain straight, hang in vertical position with no frizz at all. There's also an incredible amount of shine going on. 
The thing is that my hair looks sparse and flat, even if I use a volumising mousse or spray before blow drying and what's more my hair looks greasy towards the end of day one. 
I used up my conditioner earlier than the shampoo and combined the shampoo with John Frieda volumising conditioner and this duo gave much better results than the pair of  Bain and Fondant Fluidealiste. Perhaps a combination of a taming shampoo and a volumising conditioner (or the other way round) is the way for me to go.


While I'm not going to repurchase Kerastase Discipline Bain Fluidealiste and Fondant Fluidealiste, their taming spray and heat protectant in one is a product worth investing in. This is a lightweight mist which smells just as gorgeous as the other two and which gives my hair incredible shine and frizz-free style without making it look flat or greasy. It also helps my hair stay straight for longer.
I used this product together with the shampoo and conditioner and while I managed to use up these two in less than a month, there's still more than 2/3 of the bottle of the spray left. 
As a heat shield it's better for blow drying than flat ironing as it makes my hair wet and using flat iron on wet hair causes damage.

All in all, this is the product from the line I will repurchase if I don't find a better replacement. 

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment