Saturday 7 September 2013

Le Soft Perfume Rock'n Roll perfume stick review



I won't deny I got this perfume after seeing Ruth Crilly of A Model Recommends recommend it (sic). In her enthusiastic review she mentioned a number of features of the product that made me believe this was just meant for me.
She called the perfume sexy, irresistible, appealing to the other sex, rebelious, innovative, long-lasting and overwhelming epitome of rock'n'roll style, but never mentioned any typical floral fruity or other notes that I'd instantly recognize as something I like or not. All those adjectives appealed to me a lot, and there was only one way I could satisfy my curiosity...


When the perfume arrived I instantly loved the packaging. A small cardboard tube came in a black paper box with Rock'n'roll graphics printed on it. There was also a description of the idea behind the perfume and advice on how and where to use it.

The surprise came when I tried the product out. Well, whatever I imagined after reading the verbal description of the product both on Cult Beauty website and A Model Recommends blog differs substantially from what I received.
First of all the fragrance is very masculine. I'm not sure whether smelling like a man is sexy. The scent is sharp and woody, reminds me of my husband's favourite, Burberry London.
I do admit there's something rock'n'roll about the smell. But it's not the leather jacket mentioned by the reviewers. A more accurate description of the would be the extract of an English pub carpet back in the old days, soaked through with beer and cigarette smoke.
When I used to smoke I did whatever I could to get rid of the smell of cigarettes from my clothes, and now I've got a perfume that makes me smell like a male smoker. 
The reviewers believed that a woman wearing this perfume could never complain about lack of male attention. Well, I would feel very suspicious of a man attracted to me wearing this perfume.  


I know whether you like a scent or not is a very personal thing. So let's now talk about value. This perfume cost about twenty pounds. What you get is about a centimetre and a half of product.  
The perfume doesn't last long on my skin, so I need to carry it in my bag and reapply often. 
This perfum doesn't create an aura around me, you can smell it in close vicinity only (so how is it supposed to attract anybody no matter what sexual orientation???). This is not a problem of a perfume in the form of a stick. Many years ago I used a tinier perfume stick, the size of a lip balm, which lasted for ever on my skin and definitely everyone around could smell it too.
Even if I really liked the scent and used it often, it would be gone within weeks. 30ml bottles of perfume last me for ages, so even if I pay more for them initially, I enjoy them way longer.

This is not a bad fragrance, I feel sentimental about it as it reminds me of good old days spent in london pubs, but I wish my husband agreed to wear it. But although he agrees with me that this perfume doesn't smell feminine at all, he doesn't want to make a fool of himself by wearing women's perfume.
The worst thing is that you get such a small amount of product. Paying twenty pounds for a product you're going to use up within weeks, provided you use it regularly, is a bit too much for me.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I very nearly bought three of these today! They have an offer on Cult Beauty for 3 for 2...glad I saw this though, I'd have been pretty disappointed with the amount of product!

    Maybe I'll get them another time if I can ever find them in store to smell before I buy them :)

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whether you like a scent or not is a matter of personal taste.One man's meat is another man's poison. But less than 1.5cm of product is an unquestionable disadvantage, which makes the perfume damn expensive.

      Delete